Monday, 15 September 2008

Reflections...

Yeah, I am getting better day by day... Hopefully by the start of a new month, I will make it back to the courts and track, be it a jog, a badminton game or a tennis rally?!

Ever since my return from Europe, I have been reading quite a bit... Book after book.. For those who love reading, I strongly recommend the bOok, A Thousand Splendid Suns... The title has absolutely no link with the content of the book. The title came from a poetry in Arabic, that's all. I love how the story is being relayed and I think the contents are very much reflections of the world today.
Where's the love?!

I finished yet another book today-Never let me go. When I first started on it, I felt the storyline was quite boring. It's so abstract, relating to clones and their lives. But as I dwell deeper into the story, I began to see things in a different light. Many a times in life, I told myself that everyone has the freedom and right to pursue what they want in life and if I ever come across someone who don't, I think that's because he or she is not putting in enough effort. However, I realise there may be variations to it. Everyone has unique ways of achieving what they want in life. By taking a laid-back approach doesn't mean they are not pursuing what they want in life. Are you more assertive or do you prefer to be passive?!

I am in love with books nowadays. :)

No comments: