Wednesday, 24 September 2008

Air of Freedom

As I cycled along the road and streets in the Jurong West Neighbourhood, I feel an air of freedom surrounding me once again. Cycling really brings me happiness. It doesn't matter if I am slower than the vehicles that whiz past me every minute. I was deprived of this freedom for almost 3 weeks. Now it feels good to own it once again.

I was a bit bored and lethargic after working on my lab report the whole afternoon. Thus, I decided to re-read some of the past entries in my blog. I started from the January ones of course! Honestly, I marvel at how my command of English had improved over these 8 months!! If you doubt my words, all you have to do now is to put your hand on your mouse and move it to the right scroll bar and scroll down to the archives and click on the January tab. Read the entry right at the bottom and move upwards. It is unnecessary to read all of the January entries. You probably just have to read the first few ones. Subsequently, you read the later ones in July or August or even September. The words that I used, the way I structure my sentences, my grammar etc have all changed!!

Further, writing essays has always been a cause of concern for me when I first entered NUS. I don't seem to be able to relay my ideas well. However, if I were to be given an essay to write on at this moment, I doubt I will panic. Everything just flows to me so naturally. Instead, writing lab reports suck! I feel so screwed because I have completely no idea what I should include and not. I used to excel better in reporting facts but I think the tides have changed now. I prefer argumentative essays somehow. :)

No comments: