I vividly remember complaining to family members and friends that they often have mundane blogs and the usual answer was that, "Singapore is boring so there's nothing much for me to blog about."
Come to think of it now, as I reflect upon my life in Singapore, I had no choice but to concur with what they had said back then. It's like people see me all the time and they are able to track what I am doing so there's no need for me to tell them what's happening in my life. We are in each other's circle of life and we are always a call or a sms away....
Something struck me today. I met up with a UNI friend, Wai and she asked me about my SEP. Apparently, I'd forgotten to give her my blog address when I was in Stockholm. During dinner, memories flooded back. A sense of satisfaction, the feel of nature and beauty surrounds me whenever I think or speak of my SEP experience or look at the photos.
I remember everyday when I woke up in Stockholm and switched on my computer, there were a few websites and messengers that I log on as a routine. Email.Adium.Skype.Blog. But so much has changed nowadays. I no longer blog as often as I used to, I stay offline on adium, I can't even be bothered to log on to Skype though most of my friends are still on and I blog almost ZERO.
Seeing my friend all excited and anticipated for her SEP, I feel happy for her! Though Stockholm is not her destination, I strongly believe she will enjoy her SEP as much as I do. '
I still live in memory of Europe....
I stand on the right side of the escalator all the time.
I look right before I look left when I cross the road.
The weather forecast on my Macbook still lists the Stockholm weather.
I cycle all the time.
I eat with a fork and knife or spoon.
I feel comfortable and confident of conversing in English nowadays as I have a better grasp of the language.
I can do presentations and speeches on an impromptu basis unlike in the past when I usually have to prepare myself a bit before the actual presentation.
Habits take time to be cultivated and of course they fade away when new habits come in.
Sometimes, I can't help but take a look back at those days................ :)
No comments:
Post a Comment