The first was one I met at the hostel and we both happened to be travelling to Barcelona so we went to the airport together. For me, I never arrive 2 hours before the flight time because there's always a long queue and you have a long wait till 20 minutes before the flight time to board the plane. Usually, I just take my own sweet time and get there at probably around an hour earlier. But the Aussie guy was a bit paranoid and he was quite insistent that we go slightly early. So I went along with him. The bus to the airport was late and he was a bit anxious about the whole thing. He kept looking at his watch but I was just so chilled about the whole thing.. I think it's the Scandinavian culture cannibalising on me...haha.. LAID-BACK... But it was nice meeting him.. We crapped quite a bit yet at the same time talked about some serious stuff about life and destiny.. I like this new word that I learnt in Morocco- "Ein-Shala" which means in the will of GOD! :) After we reached the airport, we parted ways. Him to the city centre while me at the airport to spend the night...
Surprisingly, while I was queuing to buy some food, I met the 2nd Australian guy. He studies design in Eindhoven (Holland) and had came from Marrakesh like I do. Barcelona was his transition airport back to the Netherlands.. This guy is more chilled and so we chatted through the NIGHT at the airport. Guess what? We drank a bottle of champagne and red wine. God... He left the airport at 5 for his plane and I sat till there till 830 to catch my bus to the city centre.. I was so tired and slept throughout the 1.5hours bus journey...
The first sight of Barcelona :)

The moment I arrive in my hostel in Barcelona, 2 people mark my day. First, when I switched on my phone, I received a SMS from Pigsy ang! hahahaa... THANKS PIGSY ANG!! When you travel by yourself for a long time with no friends around you, you feel lonely and receiving a SMS from someone that cares for you genuinely marks your day. I was seriously very very touched when I saw his message. :) Second, my room-mate was there waiting for me. We had arranged to meet up in Barcelona and tour the place together. So we spend the day doing some sight-seeing. It's good to have someone to share with you your trips, experiences, the people you met etc.. Despite not having slept for the night, I still felt energetic to walk around, explore the city etc. We headed to the Gaudi area and the Cathedral.
Narrow Streets of Barcelona..

The Cathedral that is under maintenance. (P/S: Chris, Remember the jigsaw we saw at IMM and I told you it looks familiar? It's actually the Cathedral in Barcelona! ) .. Now WE Know..
Famous Wet Market in
I honestly wonder who will buy all these stuff??!!
Down La Rambla...
As we approach the beach...
Torre de Jaume I

Half Symbol of Singapore - LION!
Also, the beach was on our agenda and just lying on the beach feels great!!! It started to rain a bit in the afternoon so everyone cleared the beach and I commented that it was God's welcome gift for me... When it rains, it really dampens your spirit. You can't walk around as leisurely as you like it to be. You have to constantly search for shelter etc. But anyway, we covered quite a few places and finally, SOMEONE to take photos for ME! hahaa... We had Paella for dinner. It wasn't that good but we were so full from it... haha... At around 5 plus or so, we parted ways because she had to prepare to fly to London and me continuing my journey in Barcelona...
Famous Wet Market in
I honestly wonder who will buy all these stuff??!!
Down La Rambla...
As we approach the beach...
Torre de Jaume I
Half Symbol of Singapore - LION!

The beach area...

The "Moving" Bridge I call it. haha.. Apparently, this bridge will start to "Disconnect" when ships need to pass and dock at the harbour. The guy in the photo is on duty to set the bridge disconnecting from time to time. There are two of them at each end of the bridge. "What a simple job he has!" I thought to myself!
The BEACH ! One building in the far end is actually a casino. I can't remember what's the other.
I honestly wonder how on earth those 2 people managed to make their way there. So I attempted
But this is the furthest that I could go. hahaha...

My roomie is not a shopaholic but I am quite a bit. So I headed for SHOPPING! I found one really nice Spanish designer brand- Desigual. The stuff there is really unique. I bet you won't catch anyone wearing the same stuff as you because everything seems to only be manufactured in a lone piece. However, the prices are a bit steep and I figured out that for the sake of my LV, I should just compromise with my shopping for other items. When I came back to Singapore, I saw the shop at Vivo City. So now, I feel consoled. I can just head down to Vivo and see if they have what I wanted. SMILE! :)
Yet another of the Spastic shots.
The fishy structure. See the glass building behind? It's the casino! I wonder if the fishy structure signifies "NIAN NIAN YOU YU" for the Spanish! So they earn BIG BUCKS from the Casino biz.
Yet another of the weird and funny structures by the beach.
The area to go to- Barceloneta (The Beach?)After all the shopping, time to head back to the hostel to watch the France Vs Italy game and to my GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT, France is out of the Competition.. It was a pretty bad game....
Had to settle down for the night pretty early since I need to catch some sleep badly.... :)










No comments:
Post a Comment