Monday, 12 December 2016

366 days ago

Unknowingly, 366 days have passed and I am finally at the doorstep of the big 30. As I looked back at my life, I have had lots of ups and downs and I realise all my life, I have been fighting. I took a walk to Brooklyn Bridge, had Japanese food for dinner and watched a piano concert. It was my childhood dream to learn how to play the piano but unfortunately, financial circumstances at home did not permit it. When I grew older, I felt that it was too late for me to pick it up again so till date, I still cannot play the piano. At this stage of my life, I am transiting but I told myself that if I make a successful transition, I will try to learn how to play the piano. I am not aiming to become a world-class pianist, I just hope that when I am alone at home, I can play something for myself.

So while watching the concert, I cannot help but think that resources is indeed everything in this world. Sometimes, I really wish my parents had spent more time and money nurturing us and developing our talents. We never had anything as kids, because we could not afford it. I am where I am today because I worked for it. I paid for all my adventures overseas and worked for every single thing that I wanted in life - my education achievements, my career, my material and non-material desires. It is not that I blame them for we cannot choose what kind of a family we were born into but sometimes I wish they had made a little more sacrifices for us and maybe we would have be so much different today, given our innate abilities.

That said, I am still thankful for everything that I had in the past 30 years. Imagine taking my first flight at the age of 20, I have now been to 50 countries in the world and this is one childhood dream of mine that came true, or perhaps the only one that came true. LOL. I have lived half a lifetime - along the way, I have collected so many unforgettable memories and happiness but at the same time, there is still plenty of unaccomplished work. Fight on, G!

No comments: