Life is just this unpredictable. I was feeling all good when I arrived in NYC, and reported to work at the UN on my second day in NYC. After work, I walked to Times Square and that very moment, I felt that I was on top of the world and that I have not lived in vain. The very next day, I was told that I could not apply for a P-level job in the UN within the 6 months after my internship and my heart sank. I came back home, and all that I wanted to do was to sleep. I woke up the next day, looked through some SNS and once again questioned myself, "What the hell am I doing?" Why ain't I in Cambridge or LSE and maybe now I would feel good about myself.
I really do not know if I had made the right decision to come here and do all of these. For a moment, I miss a particular place so much and want to be transported there immediately. Then I realise, life goes on and instead of feeling all negative and pity for myself, I should start working for my next step again.
No comments:
Post a Comment