Monday, 9 April 2012

Catching up with old pals

In the past 2 weeks, I met up with quite a few of my pals and the gatherings made me realise how fortunate I am as a person. :)

When we enter adulthood, we get so caught up with our lives that we forget about to send greetings to our old friends, catch up on what has happened to them etc. For the bunch of secondary school friends, it has been months since I last saw them. For Ben, it has been almost 7 months since I last saw him! For Linky, it has been 3 months even. Those were people whom I used to see everyday, some every week or at least a few times every month.

We know each other so well that even though we have not seen each other for ages, the moment we meet, we embrace each other's company, laugh at each other's jokes, dig at each other's sorrows yet show concern for each other. And because I have friends like them; people whom I can seek advices from, whine at, borrow their shoulders, etc. I feel that I have led a fulfilling life thus far. Each morning when I wake up, though I dread having to go to work, I constantly motivate myself that I have a duty to fulfil. :)

Truth to be told, God has been gracious to me. I am blessed with a family who is forever so supporting, friends who will walk through my life journey with me till the end of time, a career, a critical mind, etc. Both my material and non-material well-being have been taken care of. For that, I tell myself that every single day of my life is one whereby I should show forgiveness, give and take, and be optimistic! :)

No comments: