I kinda mixed up the order of visit, whether it was the Spa first, Everland, or Skiing. Anyway, dipping myself into a hot spa really helps in soothing my frozen body or dry skin. I need the moisture so badly. There were a lot of jokes flying around when we stepped into the Female changing room. I guess Japan was a real eye-opener for me so I wasn't shocked by what I saw in Korea anymore, just picture those as naked bodies.
Skiing was probably the highlight of the entire trip. I have to say that it is not as easy as it seems. To be able to pick up that sport, you need someone to coach you for at least an hour or two, guide you along, and of course you must be take risks and not be afraid to fall. :) It may seem as easy as ABC to most out there, just opening up your knees and bending it a little to allow yourself to stop, but it only applies to the flat terrains. You need more than knowing how to brake to be able to ski. :) But anyway, skiing made me sweat in the cold, and that was the one and only time I sweat in Korea.!
Of course, we went to the mountain top and cafe where the Winter Sonata was filmed. I am never a fan of Korean dramas, so those sites do not ring a bell. Nonetheless, I do not deny that the picturesque surroundings should not be missed.:) Seeing how the snow filled up the entire hilltop really reminds me of the times in Europe. Oslo, Norway and Salzburg, Austria were the two places where we had so much playing with the snow, building our snowmen, and then engaging in snow fights with each other. Ah! How I missed Europe!
Day 6 - 7: Seoul, LotteWorld
Like I have mentioned in my previous post, I love theme parks! LotteWorld was a bit disappointing, not because of the level of excitement of the rides, but the time allocated for us to enjoy the theme park. We only had 3 - 4 hours there and some of the queues were really long. I ended up only taking the Gyro-Drop and one other ride, which I cannot recall the name off-hand. When Linky & I went to Tokyo DisneySea, we undertook the challenge of completing every single ride, regardless of its thrill level. The adrenaline rush never fail to fill us with excitement. There were times when we had to queue for 30-40 minutes but we waited nevertheless. Chatting was our way to kill the time. Occasionally, we discussed about our itinerary or even mocked at each other. However, LotteWorld was much different. I guess you need the right companion at different sightseeing sites. :)
Prior to departure, I had been anticipating shopping! I thought Korean fashion had a tinge of modernity that blended well with comfort and affordability. I was right about the former but not the latter. The clothes cost about 15000 - 35000 Won on average. Perhaps it was the aftermath of Bangkok that made me felt that the clothes were too pricey. In comparison to last year when I was in Japan, perhaps because my purchasing power had increased, thus I was more willing to pay for items that were almost the same price as in Singapore. I guess I would have bought more if we had more time to shop, especially their formal wear. However, I am satiated with what I brought back as well.
On the last day when we were out shopping, I was very vexed that I did not buy any shoes back from Korea (though I had earlier promised my mom that I have bought enough shoes for the year). So when JY and I went into one particular shop, I was adamant that I buy at least a pair of shoes. The marginal utility of that pair of shoe is beyond imagination. :)
Perhaps, some day I should return to Korea and just do a shopper's holiday. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment