Monday, 15 May 2017
We all need friends
2.5 months has passed since I set sailed. I cannot recall the number of times that I think about New York during my time here. Although I had my fair share of frustrations in NY, such as having to figure out my next step in life, wanting more ME time and not having to entertain too much, I loved my time in NY. I had friends to go for lunches with, out for a movie, dinner, etc. Here, I do everything alone and I for once, understood the meaning of loneliness. I have always felt that I could live alone and be all by myself but during my time here, I realised that although I could, I do not enjoy it as much. I am used to having my siblings talking crap with me before we go to bed, tell lame jokes, etc. From time to time, I need my own personal space to ponder over things but more often than not, I need to talk to people! Travelling alone has helped to build up resilience but when I am travelling, I am constantly exploring new places, meeting new people, etc. but who do I meet here? I guess being alone really helps you to discover your inner self.
No comments:
Post a Comment