Saturday, 4 March 2017
5th country in 1.5 years
Unknowingly, 1.5 years have passed since I left home for my Masters. This is the 5th place that I have relocated to and maybe I am just tired from all the moving. I have not been able to secure a permanent place to stay even if I am willing to pay, because rent contracts here are for a year. In addition, I have had some bed bug scares since yesterday and now I am really missing home. I guess it really makes a difference when you know someone in a foreign country compared to not knowing anyone. When in NY, at least I had Alina to talk to. I am entirely comfortable with living by myself but when you first arrive in a foreign place, you really need some help to settle in. For now, I am just praying that I will find a place to stay asap so that I need not worry about lodging. I badly need a place near to my work place so that I do not have to walk long distances or be caught in the bad traffic here. I have never imagined moving can be so difficult. It should get better as you move more frequently, isn't it? How is it that I feel that it gets tougher to have to relocate as I do it more frequently? It was not easy for me to land this job so I guess I just have to bite the bullet and finish these 6 months of my contract, at least. #countingdownstarts
No comments:
Post a Comment