Thursday, 9 April 2015

25: London

#25: London

Oh well, after a long hiatus from my epic trip musings, I am back.

London is a city that I have visited 3 times like Paris and Manchester. However, I realise that I have not fully covered all of London despite 3 visits. It is a wonderful place to be, bustling with people, good shopping places, nice food everywhere but the fact that they speak English makes me feel at home. Nevertheless, the weather can be quite a torture during winter when I first visited in Feb 2008. I always spend a day or two in London rather than what others do, spending a week there because I have this feeling that I will return again and I need not have to rush to cover everything.

Having done the all touristy things and going to the outskirts during the last 2 visits, including going to the football stadiums like Stamford Bridge and the Emirates, I decided to just focus on shopping, watch a musical and visit the British museum. I used to dislike museums because you often have to spend long hours in there and you have just wasted yet another day. However, as I age, I have more patience going through the exhibits bits by bits and my interest in history grew fonder. The British museum is ENORMOUS and despite spending close to 5 hours there, I only cover a quarter of it. LOL!

But I moved on to do other things, hunting for food. We tried this one famous Duck restaurant in Chinatown and I find it a little disappointing. I am not a huge fan of duck but whenever I chance upon a good one, I would be sure to give a thumbs up, like one in Beijing that I tried. :) Instead, it is Burger and Lobster (highly recommend!) that is mouth-savouring and even till now, I am still thinking about that meal! We also went to one 2-star Michelin restaurant and spent a bomb but the food to me was - ORDINARY.


I swear this is the most value for money meal ever in my life! The picture does not do justice to how delicious this lobster is. It costed me 22.50 Pounds which is approximately S$48. I really liked this laptop sleeve below in the British museum and it costs 23 pounds. I thought it was too expensive for a laptop sleeve though it is really nice. So I ended up not buying it and used the money to pay for the lobster instead. Wise decision, indeed. 


As I age, I love eating good food more. I am always on the hunt for good food overseas though they take a toll on my wallet. :(

It was a short two days in London but I will be back before I know it. :)

No comments: