Day 23: What would I be 10 years down the road?
Just a few days ago, my sister and I had this conversation about what you foresee yourself or where you see yourself to be at 10 years down the road. I first thought about this question when I graduated from the Polytechnic. I am still shy of the 10 years that I first started thinking about that question as of now but back then, I kind of know 8 years of my future would be secured should I decide to pen for the scholarship. I did not imagine that my life would turn out to be what it is today despite being mentally prepared for my current career. There were surprises, both positive and negative ones.
One, I thought being in a steady relationship or having settled down was something would have been completed on that checklist but I guess I still have a lot to work on. Some other day, I will talk about this.
Two, my poly bestie, Omma, made me a video for my birthday and in it, it detailed my dream to be able to tour the world. It was something that was more of an abstract to me back then when I watched the video and honestly, never would I have expected myself to have really gone so far in my travels. I know how people always talk about dreams and I myself also preach about living our dreams frequently but to be truly living all the dreams that you conjure as a kid or a teenager, it is simply impossible. I am just glad that I manage to live a few of those, one definitely being traveling around the world. Not the stewardess way which I once thought about though, but no regrets about that.
I used to have something like this as my status on MSN but I cannot recall the exact wordings:
Dream --> Embark --> Enjoy --> Back to reality --> where next?
It has been 7 years since it first began:
Bangkok, Thailand --> Various cities, Vietnam --> Genting, Malaysia --> Hong Kong & Macau --> Stockholm, Sweden --> Oslo, Norway --> London, Manchester, various cities, England --> Copenhagen, Denmark --> Amsterdam, Netherlands --> Brussels, Belgium --> Munich & Berlin, Germany --> Salzburg & Vienna, Austria --> Prague, Czech Republic --> Edinburgh, Scotland --> Rome, Pisa, Florence, Venice & Milan, Italy --> Athens & Corfu, Greece --> Madrid, Spain --> Porto & Lisbon, Portugal --> Marrakech, Morocco --> Barcelona, Spain --> Paris & Strasbourg, France --> Batam, Indonesia --> Brisbane, Surfer's Paradise, Cairns & Sydney, Australia --> Osaka & Kyoto, Japan --> Taipei & various cities, Taiwan --> Tokyo, Osaka & Nara, Japan --> Various cities, Egypt --> Jeju and Seoul, South Korea --> Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City & Niagara Falls, Canada --> Shanghai, China --> Interlaken & Zurich, Switzerland --> Krakow & Warsaw, Poland --> Rovaniemi & Helsinki, Finland --> Santander & Bilbao, Spain --> Beijing, China --> Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon & San Francisco, USA --> Male, Maldives --> Amman & Petra, Jordan --> Tiberias, Jerusalem, Bethlehem & Jericho, Jerusalem --> ??
And the journey shall continue.
Three, the friendships that were lost in the last decade. Sometimes, I think about these friends and wonder how they are doing. However, I lack the courage to pick up the phone to call or send a text message. Maybe some day I will.
If you are reading this post, how about you? Are you the "YOU" who you imagined yourself to be 10 years ago? Do share with me!
No comments:
Post a Comment