Tuesday, 6 July 2010

World Cup Updates III

can't believe that Brazil is out of the competition at such an early stage in the competition. I guess the curse that I bring upon the downfall of the team and people I support is en route to its glory days.

RFederer was sunk by Tomas Berdych, a rare phenomenon, and Murray got kicked in the ass by Nadal, which was pretty much predicted.

Netherlands is through to the semi-finals thanks to Melo's own goal, foul, and eventually the sent-off. Honestly, I was filled with respect and in awe of Robben's dazzling runs @ defenders in the competition but he went off the rails when he started playacting to earn free-kicks and get his opponents sent off. And I was extremely devastated by the fact that Brazil is out because I just blogged about how united the team is and how entertaining their football can be. I better not praise any team in particular otherwise I would be heartbroken to have to witness their exit again.

David Villa's goal against Paraguay to ensure their place in the semis was the only silver lining after the drama-mama 5 minutes of two penalties at both ends of the field. He's the bomb, pick of the tournament, and top on my chart currently! :))

Germany is thus far the most consistent team in the competition so the game between Germany & Spain is a tough one to pick, having to take into consideration the fact that both teams had just met in the 2008 Euro Finals. To maintain a neutral stance and objectivity, the better team tomorrow night should prevail and earn themselves a place in the finals. :))

Nonetheless, like ZH said, the jabulani is a perfect sphere and anything can happen. This WC has been filled with dramas and playacting esp. Slovakia, Robben, etc. Does this spell hope that Spain might eventually prevail or Uruguay might just lift the cup this coming Sunday?!

No comments: