Friday, 21 May 2010

Bidding goodbye to a promising young lad..

From the corner of my eye, this innocent looking boy who always carries a smile awaits....

Oh who's he? New contract staff? New relief teacher? Tons of question marks... Until Ibir decided to approach him and say hello....

He walked over, introduces himself, we engage in a small conversation cause great minds think alike. We both edge out of the conversation...

The next day, he comes back to the cubicle, we chatted and slowly, we connect.

Then along with others, we played wii, have lunch and the best thing about our friendship is,"we crack jokes, we gossip, we let our hair down, we have fun. In front of our small clique, we ain't pretentious." He kidnaps the green tuning fork and demands a stupid ransom and I played along by giving him a piece of paper with 1,000 written on it.

Today, he stood in front of the school and gave a speech about himself and his jc days. Yet out of a moment of folly and the tumbling pile of work I've on my desk, I missed it.

After 6 months, I sum him up in a sentence. Takes pride in his work but he definitely knows how to enjoy himself and have fun while at work.

Yes, I think he's definitely someone who will go very far in his life. However, I hope his overseas education will not change him. I hope the cruelities of life do not taint his cheerful personality and his candid self. For I envy him for whatever that he's doing at this stage in his life.

At the same time, I'm very glad MOE recruited him as a scholar. We need people like him to mould the future of our nation.

Work's gonna be a tad boring without his crappy ideas and jokes. A and I will have one lesser buddy to gossip with.

Yes, he's ERIC, our buddy in JJ!

Hereby, I wish you success in your future endeavours, Eric! :))

No comments: